Pineapple Cheese Casserole
Here's what you need:
3 15oz cans of pineapple tidbits, drained
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
approx 3-4 dozen Ritz crackers, crumbled
3/4 cup melted butter
And here's what you do:
1) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
2) In a bowl, stir together the drained pineapple, sugar & flour
3) While you're there, go ahead & toss in the shredded cheddar cheese too
4) Spread it in a 13 x 9 baking dish
5) Put the Ritz crackers in a resealable bag & crumble them
6) Then sprinkle the cracker crumbs over the top
7) Melt your butter in the microwave
8) Pour the melted butter over the top
9) Bake until the cheese is melted & the top is golden brown (about 30 minutes)
10) Sit back & enjoy the look on everyone's face as they take that first bite!
I was first introduced to this recipe by my friend, Liann (thank you Liann!!). To be honest, I thought at first glance that it was a macaroni and cheese dish or some sort of potato casserole. I was not prepared for the sweet, yet tart, deliciousness that hit my taste buds!! I've been making this dish for family holidays ever since and there has never been anyone who didn't fall all over themselves to get a second helping!
Have you guys ever heard of such a dish?? Do you have your own little special recipe that is always a hit at your house?? We'd love to hear!!