Monday, March 10, 2014

Packing for Europe...**eek!**

In less than three (hopefully QUICK) weeks, my husband and I are going to be in Europe...visiting London for four days and Paris for three. We're flipping out with excitement...seriously, someone needs to pinch us. It's our 10 year wedding anniversary on April 3rd (in which we'll be in the city of love...sweet Paris) and we've put off any major vacations for a year and a half, in order to splurge and treat ourselves to an amazing and romantic week of bliss.

I'm ready to start packing (who am I kidding, I was ready to start packing on New Year's Day) and I thought I'd share a little bit of what I am dubbing my European Comfort-Chic Style (fancy, huh?). Tops will include much of what you see below (all from LOFT...I'm a fan, in case you haven't heard) and bottoms will vary from J Crew pixie pants to leather leggings to skinny jeans. ((I should take a moment to also point out that I'm intentionally going for neutral tops that I can mix and match with pants or layer up, if need be.))

We've been checking the London and Paris weather forecasts daily (come on and hurry up and get here 10 day forecast...I need you!!) to see what types of jackets we need to pack. A rain jacket is one sure bet that will be in our suitcases, and of course a couple of scarf options for me. Question, though: am I insane for only planning to take two pairs of shoes?? One pair of cognac boots and one pair of cute sneaks? I guess I can always buy a pair over there if I want more options. (wink, wink)

But on to the tops, the stars of the show...


LOFT tops - Packing for Europe




If you're left craving a LOFT top now that I've purged my European Style essentials on you, be sure to go through Ebates to score cash back while shopping. If you don't already have an account, you can click here to sign up (it's 100% FREE):

Ebates Coupons and Cash Back


Now I ask you...what would you be packing if you were in my shoes?? Anything I'm overlooking? Have you ever been to London or Paris? Any recommendations would be much appreciated! Merci beaucoup!!

XO, Mendi


KEEP UP WITH HER LATE NIGHT CRAVINGS:
BLOGLOVIN  //  YOUTUBE  //  TWITTER  //  MENDI'S INSTAGRAM  //  JAYME'S INSTAGRAM  //  FACEBOOK

14 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh... SO exciting! I will be in Paris at the end of April... we'll just be missing each other!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off make sure you have comfortable shoe in. My shoe weren't and man my feet hurt. If you can go eat at Chez Thomas it not to far from the Effiel tower. The food was amazing.

    I hope you have an amazing time when you go. I just got back from Paris last week and loved it there. This week on my blog is Paris week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In Paris you MUST get hot chocolate from Angelina (http://www.angelina-paris.fr/en/#/home/, 226 Rue de Rivoli), and fallafel from L'As du Fallafel in the Marais (32-34 Rue de Rosiers). Your mind will be blown!

    And in London if you have a sunny day make sure to walk along the Victoria embankment and see lots of beautiful skyline and bridges! (It's a pathway along the north side of the river Thames that runs from the Westminster Bridge to the Blackfriars Bridge.) If you're in a museumy mood, the Victoria and Albert is awesome (with an amazing jewelry collection), and free. And get a scone with clotted cream and jam from somewhere! Have an amazing time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the suggestions!! Angelina's is already on the list! :-)

      Delete
  4. I have never been (not my cup of tea, ha!) but my sisters just got back from the UK and Scotland and they wore a lot of layers, scarves, comfortable boots, heavy socks, etc. The scarves doubled as umbrellas sometimes and tall boots kept their feet dry and warm. Maybe throw a pair of foldable flats in there (Tieks are comfy and travel well)
    I read a few blogs from those areas and Aspiring Kennedy is a good one. Her style is affordable but amazing, check her out. She lives in Notting Hill.
    Have a great trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been to London before and I fell head over heels with the city. I was supposed to move there last September, but I had to put it off- I know it'll happen one day though! :)
    When I was there, it never rained, but when you're in the UK, you just never know! One thing is for sure- comfortable shoes are a must. You will probably be doing a lot of sightseeing, so the thought of going to a new place should make you happy and not worried about your feet. There are so many places worth seeing, it all depends on what you're both into :)

    I hope you have a wonderful trip! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so, so jealous! I've always wanted to go to Paris (and get engaged under the Eiffel Tower....), I hope you have an amazing time & take a ton of pictures! :)

    BeyondBlush

    ReplyDelete
  7. How exciting! I visited London and Paris a little over 10 years ago, and I absolutely loved both cities! Those LOFT tops are all awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a perfect way to celebrate your 10th wedding anniversary. I hope the weather will be lovely for your stay there. Comfy shoes are a must!

    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're going to have a BLAST! I had wanted to do London and Paris this spring, but H won the battle and we're doing a Mediterranean cruise out of Barcelona instead. Either way we're finally crossing the pond, and I can't wait!

    If waiting for the 10 day forecast just isn't cutting it, check accuweather. They will give a forecast for the next month. Just keep in mind, that it'll change as it gets closer, but is usually pretty accurate for a ballpark of the weather ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have never been to Europe (wiping away tears now...) but looks like you picked some great things! I would probably do light layers so you can peel them off as the day warms up. You will look great in whatever you wear and I would probably pack light so I can buy clothes from other there and haul it back with me :)
    Linh
    http://abeautifulrawr.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. London is WAY better than Paris. We did both and Paris was actually not that romantic. London is AMAZING!!! You will love London. Maybe even Paris, but for me Paris was dirty and lots of beggers and people trying to sell you junk everywhere you go. Westminster Abby is breath taking. Go to as many cathedrals as possible and make sure you cover up. Some have rules about what you can wear coming in. Bring a neck pillow also. I did not and wished so badly I would have. You can't hardly sleep without one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am seriously excited for you. I have never been to Europe but there are few things I want to do more. Paris is the top of my wish list of places to visit.

    Tracy @ Sunny Days and Starry Nights

    ReplyDelete
  13. I recommend bringing another pair of walking shoes. Eventually your feet are going to get very tired of the one and will hurt too bad to put those on. I also suggest bringing old undies and throw them away day by day. Have new ones ready for when you return :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...