You guys know that I'll splurge on cosmetics for sure but what about other things in my life. Below are the categories. If you have a blog, I'd love for you to join in and post and if you don't, please let me know in the comments on what you would Save or Splurge.
1. A cocktail dress to wear to a wedding
2. A glass of wine at a restaurant
3. A hotel room
4. A haircut
5. Wild card...you name it!
1. SAVE! I tend to say save on this one. I do believe that you can find affordable dresses that work for any type of wedding. I would start looking at LOFT and of course wait for those fabulous 40% or 50% off sales. I don't shop there unless they are running a sale. Sometimes Old Navy has the cutest most simple dresses that you can get and then make your own. Add a statement necklace, some fabulous heels and don't forget the lipstick!
This dress from LOFT is perfect for a fall/winter wedding. It's currently $98 and on sale for 40% off.
2. SAVE! I love ordering anything that sparkles when out to eat. You guys know that I love the bubbly! I tend to stick in the $7 or $8 per glass range or I go for the cheapest split they have on the menu. GASP! I do love the 'spensive stuff from time to time but lets be honest I also love my $5.99 bottle of Andre from the grocery store! What What!!!
3. SPLURGE! I'm definitely known to spend a little more on hotel rooms. I've always been this way about hotels even in my 20's when I really didn't have the money spend on nicer hotels. A nice and clean hotel with decent amenities is where I want to be. The bathroom and the view usually does me in! You will never here me say that when I go on vacation that "the room doesn't matter because I don't plan to be inside much". The room always matters! The upside is that nowadays you can book through so many different travel sites that you can save on nicer hotels. I always go through EBATES when I book hotels (using Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity and many more) so that I can get some really good money back in my pocket! It's like double savings when using EBATES!
Dreams Puerto Vallarta (where I got married). The hotel has closed and is changing owners but the rooms were fabulous!
4. SPLURGE! I must first admit that I have had one really terrible haircut/coloring at a "nicer" salon here in town. One that I couldn't believe I actually paid for. However I do truly believe that I get what I'm looking for by spending a little more. I have the cutest stylist right now and her prices are really reasonable compared to what I've spent in the past. I look at getting my hair done as relaxing time for me. It's a way for us girls to take a couple of hours just for ourselves and let someone else make us look and feel beautiful.
Just loving this look! Might have to try this next spring/summer!
5. I've chosen to talk about swimsuits as my WILD CARD option. I say SPLURGE on this one. Now let me explain. I have a shape that requires a little more out of my bathing suits than what I get at Target (and I have gotten suits from Target many times before). For my body the cuts offered on the more expensive ones just work better and I also find that the fabric tends to have the perfect amount of stretch and lift without digging in. I do spend more on my bathing suits and I take care of them so that they last for years. And when I say splurge I don't mean that I'm spending hundreds on each. My last few bathing suits came from Dillard's and were Kenneth Cole. I think I paid about $80-$90 or so for each suit (I believe they tend to mark down their bathing suits after July 4th). If you don't mind spending a little more, I do think La Blanca bathing suits are worth the money too!
It's a bit hard to find swimsuit options this time of year but I did see this one currently available at Macy's.
Also available in Black
I hope that you guys enjoyed this post as much as I enjoyed putting it together. I'd love to know your answers.
Do your save or splurge?
Hope you guys have a fabulous Friday!! The weekend is here!! Can I get an AMEN?