1. You must post the rules. (And link up to who tagged you.)
2. Post eleven fun facts about yourself on the blog post.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and then create eleven new questions to ask the people you've tagged.
4. Tag eleven people and link them on your post.
5. Let them know you've tagged them!
Eleven Fun Facts about Me:
1. I was on HBO. For real! I was in the John Adams miniseries a few years back. You can see me at the end of the first episode wearing no makeup and sporting a sexy bonnet. I was lucky enough to be an extra that filled the spot of Mrs. Hancock. So I got to sit next to Justin Theroux who played John Hancock (way before he got with Jennifer Aniston) and Paul Giamatti and Laura Linney. It was one of the coolest things I have ever gotten to experience.
2. I have these dance sequence moments in my head where I am just breaking it down like a backup dancer in a music video. And let me tell you... I am awesome. Unfortunately that is just in my head. I do like to break it down from time to time but believe me it looks so much better in my mind.
3. Speaking of my moves, sometimes my husband and I have dance parties at our house. Just the two of us and either Pandora or we break out a bunch of our CD's and reminisce while in the "club" (aka living room). And yes, alcohol is usually involved.
4. One summer after I had graduated college, I quit my "big girl" job and went to New York to attend New York University's Summer Publishing Institute. I thought I wanted to get into book publishing but I really wanted to experience city life so I went and didn't know a soul until I got there. The experience changed my life.
5. Speaking of my love of NYC, Wes and I got engaged there. You guys might know that I love champagne (or sparkling anything really) so Wes took me to The Bubble Lounge and proposed to me there. It was perfect.
6. I love elderly people. It makes me so mad when people make comments about older people because I just find them adorable and they have some awesome stories. And they seem to like me too...at least the little old men do. :-) Because of this fact some of my family and friends found it odd that I married someone younger. Hmm...
7. Speaking of older people, I kind of drive like one. This is strange because I'm slow and so cautious when other people are in the car with me, but I'm a totally different
kind of driver when I'm alone.
8. I majored in English a long time ago and will openly admit that I do judge books by their covers. I can't help it. It's who I am! Oh and I love chic lit! Boom!
9. I love movies but will not seek out movies that I know will make me cry. For that reason I am probably the only person who has not seen the movies Titanic or The Notebook. Give me a comedy and I'm all set!
10. Deli meat freaks me out. Sweaty deli meat...ew! I'll eat it but I'm very particular.
11. I'm the only person that I know who has been hit with a ninja star. What? Some crazy nut at my school had it and was throwing it at a tree. Here I am practicing my cheers (I was in the 4th grade) with my friends and BAM right in my shin. It hurt like a mother but the worst part is that the blood ruined my new pink and white Reeboks. I have no idea why I remember that part. I have issues.
My Answers to Aimee's Questions:
Q: What is your holy grail beauty/makeup product (only one!!)?
A: Moisturizer...thanks mom!
Q: Do you drink wine, and if so, what's your favorite wine?
A: Can I get an amen?? I do drink wine and I'm an equal opportunity drinker...Pinot Grigio, Pinot Noir, Cabs, Malbecs...bring it! And don't get me started on the sparkling variety!
Q: What is your favorite place to buy clothes/shoes?
A: I buy a lot of my clothes from Macy's, Nordstrom, Target, Old Navy.
Q: If you won $1 million, how would you spend the money?
A: INVEST so I'd have more! :-) And I'd buy some type of property in San Diego, CA, preferably beachfront.
Q: What is your astrological sign, and do you believe you act in accordance with your sign's characteristics?
A: I'm a Leo and my birthday is August 20th. I'd say that there are parts to being a Leo that fit me and some that are nothing like me. I do think that I am confident, generous, loyal, encouraging and social. But I don't think that I am pretentious, domineering and vain.
Q: Would you ever be a contestant on a dating reality show (such as The Bachelor)? Why or why not?
A: No!! Please don't hate me but as much as I love a little trash TV I can't stand to watch The Bachelor. And the fact that I'm married would make explaining that one to Wes a little difficult. HAHA!
Q: What's your drink of choice at Starbucks?
A: Trenta Unsweetened Iced Green Tea with one Splenda. Go big or go home! I actually don't drink coffee so the green tea is all I ever get at Starbucks.
Q: If you only had 24 hours to live, what would you do?
A: I agree with Mendi...this one is just too hard to answer.
Q: If I came to visit you in your current place of residence, where would you take me?
A: We'd go to brunch and have lots of bloody mary's and/or mimosas. There might be some shopping involved... OK, "might" is just me being ridiculous. We'd of course go shopping and we'd walk around Carytown. Maybe a cruise along the Canal Walk or Maymont Park...
Q: What is your greatest strength?
A: This is a hard one and I'm the type of person that seriously needs like a month to think about this before I answer. What does that say? My husband says that I am honest, loyal and caring. Aw...he scored points (and yes I asked him to answer this one for me.)
Q: If you could travel to any one destination in the world for two weeks (money is not an option), where would you go?
A: This is so hard because I want to go everywhere!! I hate to copy Mendi but once I saw the movie Couples Retreat (and yes I have seen it about a dozen times) I have wanted to go to the St. Regis in Bora Bora.
Peeps I'm Tagging:
Here's where we're going to break the rules a little. We want to tag anyone who feels like doing this on their blog! So jump right in, consider yourself tagged...
My Questions for YOU:
Mendi asked six questions so I am only going to ask you five. Here goes...
1) What was the best concert you have ever seen?
2) Where is the coolest place you have ever traveled?
3) If you could have dinner with anyone, who would you invite?
4) If there was a movie about your life, who would play you?5) What is your favorite wine? I want your recommendations so I can try them all!
I seriously can't wait to hear what you guys say!! This was so much fun and hope I didn't bore you or scare you. :-) Hope you guys are having a fabulous weekend!