Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Richmond Homearama

On Sunday, my husband and I attended the 2012 Richmond Homearama at Summer Lake, a community about 15 minutes from our house, in Chesterfield County. The main feature of the event consists of touring eight homes; each built by different local builders and fully furnished and decorated by local interior designers. One thing that I don't think I've done a well enough job talking about here on HLNC is my love for all things home decor related. So today I want to give you guys an opportunity to see another side of me...the side that craves dream home ideas and one day living in a craftsman-style bungalow.

Here's a compilation of my top three favorite homes and their best features...
(I hope you guys like LOTS of pictures!)

House #1 - The Modern Craftsman
I heart this house. The exterior is simply stunning. From the wide array of textures (stucco, stonework and  vinyl siding) to the dark wood columns to the craftsman-style windows, this house had me at hello. 

Large, open spaces with beautiful woodwork and trim, along with engineered hardwood floors



The kitchen truly was the heart of this home, as you can see. The lighting, along with every other feature in this room, was beyond spectacular. I specifically love the Shaker-style cabinets, touch faucet, pot filler behind the range and the beverage refrigerator in the island. *sigh*

1st Floor Master Bedroom and Bathroom


That's my hubz, Chris, on the deck. If I play pretend for a second here, I can totally imagine him calling into the kitchen for me. "Hey babe, pass me the steaks for the grill." Yes people, I am this amount of cheesy.  ;)



House #2 - The New Old House
Again, the exterior of this house takes my breath away. I never knew that tone-on-tone siding would be something I'd like, but somehow the heavy amounts of gray and stonework pull it all together. Let's just say that I wouldn't kick this house out of bed for eating crackers.

For the eco-friendly side of us, this house features something called a "rain chain" instead of the conventional downspout. The idea is that rain would follow the chain down to the awaiting bucket where a pipe leads rainwater away from the house.

Another 1st Floor Master Bedroom and Bathroom



A second floor loft area staged to be a family arts & crafts center

An upstairs bedroom

A charming covered porch on the back of the house




House #3 - Vintage Rediscovered
You can't deny, this house is quaint and charming...except it's much more than quaint. In fact, it's rather grand. I love the courtyard area off the front left corner of the home. I could see this house fitting in on Wisteria Lane.


While I really, really love the exteriors of the first two houses, I want every single part of the interior of this home. Just take a look at the kitchen and den...



But wait for this. Are you sitting down? If not, sit now, as I can't be responsible if you pass out after seeing this Master Bedroom and Bathroom.


I'm sorry. I think I just died and woke up in my bathroom heaven.

Wait, it gets better, if that's even possible. Every girl's dream come true...

Yes. Please. And thank you.

The remainder of this house could have been in shambles and I don't think that I would have noticed after that master suite, but check out this lovely little covered back porch and deck and mudroom off of the garage.


That just about does it for today. I think I've maxed out the number of pictures that I can use in one post. But, I will have another post later this week to feature some of my favorite trends that I spotted throughout the other five homes that aren't shown above. I'm obsessed. Literally. 

For more information on the 2012 Richmond Homearama, including floorplans of each home, you can visit their website here.

I hope you guys enjoyed this too. Drop me a comment...I'd love to hear what you love.

Mendi

35 comments:

  1. Oh wow! Those are huge and I love the yards. The porches are probably my favorite feature of all of them. This was really fun to look at! I love that vaulted bedroom ceiling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these houses are fabulous! I lol'd at you imagining your husband on the deck, at the grill , calling to you :) (I do the same kinda stuff!) hahaha Awesome post...thanks for sharing it! XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing! Love them all and that closet is fabulous!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh I'd die for a bathtub like ANY of those. My family's house has one tub and it's super old, and then obviously my dorm is not bath-ready! Some day!!
    Hey, Danielle and I finally launched our new blog! Check it out!
    http://prettychatty.blogspot.com/
    Hope y'all are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that they are building new houses to look old -- my style completely. This summer (7 days after we get home...not wasting any time, huh!) we are adding wainscotting/trim to our hallway and bathroom and board & batten as the next project in our LR & DR.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love looking at homes and how they are decorated. I agree, love everything about home #1. I've always had a soft spot for Craftsman style homes. Something we don't really see here in the south. The mouldings were just gorgeous and I loved the kitchen! The back view was almost better than the front. Thanks for sharing these!
    xo~Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love looking into different houses, even though I am not much of an expert on decor and interiors. I like viewing the unique styles. Thanks for posting these photos, we obviously don't get any houses here in SA that are designed like these, they are really great and charming!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My favorite channel is the HTV channel and it's practically the only channel I watch now. I'm so inspired now that I always have home projects going on, right now we're remodeling our master bedroom and I actually had a custom fabric headboard made. Once it's all completed, i'll made a video for my YT channel and post photos on my Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh WOW!! I just love the houses... but I have to say the 3rd one is my favorite out of the three!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. heeello dream homes!!!!!
    all three are so so beautiful! I'm torn between #1 and #3 though...LOVE

    <3Amanda
    feast.fashion.faves

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love love love these houses and the finishes on them both inside and out!!! Please do some more of these posts! I have a ginormous house and would love to have one more like these someday after the kids are grown. Stacie xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. How fun is that? I would love to go on a home tour! Great design ideas and inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Omg that first tub is gorgeous! I would love to one day own a beautiful tub to take Lush baths in :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh, these houses are GORGEOUS! The first house has to be my favourite. That is exactly how my dream house would look! I wish!
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. i want all of them. but the first one i love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh dear. I could seriously lock myself in the first house and live there forever. A modern craftsmen is my absolute dream home! I need to come to Richmond next year for their 2013 Homearama. The builder showcases around here are never this good. Road trip!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I swoon over ALL of them! I thought #2 was my fave until I saw #3...Then I just couldn't decide. This sounds like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  18. what gorgeous homes. and what about that closet? WOW!

    http://spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow these houses are gorgeous! I remember that about Chesterfield : ) All I ask for in a future house is a porch with a swing and a huge bathtub : )

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow they all look amazing!! I want a house just like the first one :)

    I was wondering if you can do me a favor and vote for me. Please do and follow the link below to read about it and there I put a link where you can vote for me. Many thanks!!

    http://petitemini.blogspot.se/2012/05/please-vote-for-me.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. I can definitely agree with you on this one- my Tumblr is filled with home decor ideas and I simply adore watching such photos. Plus, when you mentioned imagining calling your husband from the kitchen- I am that kind of person too! I just can't help it :) I think #3 is my favourite one so far, even though I love #1 as well. Can't wait for more pictures!

    http://glamourxkills.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. beautiful photos =) really inspires me to get a make over in my room ^^ thanks for sharing hun!

    love from the NANA girls xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  23. All of those houses are swoon worthy! Love the pics!! Can't wait to hear more : )

    ReplyDelete
  24. It's Craftsman for me and I love the kitchen and closets. I need a larger closet and I'm lusting over the photos here!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh wow!! I am in love with the first house - that is the most perfect kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh dear, those are all so gorgeous ... ♥

    Satu
    Indie by heart

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'M DYING! My boyfriend and I have been drooling over homes like this for when we're married and (hopefully!) get to build our own. Sadly, these houses wouldn't "fit" in any of our neighborhoods here. :(

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'm so glad you made this post! I'm moving into a new house this summer and I've been looking for interior decoration ideas. Love these pictures :)

    Karen @ http://beautyplaylist.tumblr.com/

    ReplyDelete
  29. So many details. Wow- those exteriors are unreal. But what is really amazing is that master bedroom and bath. Yes, please. Oh, and when I find my rough copy of our floorplan I will get it to you. I didn't forget, it just wasn't where I thought it was. I'm hoping to go through all of our files this summer & re-organize - it is in a file folder somewhere. :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love the storage and huge closets in the newer homes. Our home was built in the late 1880's, has huge rooms, lots of neat features/character..but small closets! I guess they didn't have all the clothes/shoes and makeup us girls these days have! I loved seeing the tour of homes, thanks for sharing Mendi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My home was built in the 1950's and we have really small closets! These are dream homes to me!! Us girls need our storage space that's for sure! Have a great weekend! ~ Jayme

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...