Saturday, April 21, 2012

April Birchbox Arrived!

It's that time again! Our once-a-month box of beauty goodies has arrived on our doorsteps! Want to take a peek?? Come on, you know you want to! You guys know how much we love to share the nitty, gritty details. You probably know by now that we've been getting Birchbox for a whole year and it's been a little bit of a love/hate relationship. We've received some amazing products in months past, but we've also gotten a few boxes that were just "meh". In fact, we have a post coming up soon that will recap some of our favorite Birchbox products that we have received. But for now, here's our April Birchbox...



~ The postcard that you see in the clear envelope is accompanied by a small vial of Atelier Orange Sanguine Cologne Absolue. While it has a citrusy scent, it's a bit too heavy for our tastes.

~ The itty bitty bar of soap from Erno Laszlo is SO cute! It smells nice too, but we both think this soap leans towards a more masculine scent, so we'll be passing it on to our hubbiez.

~ We've received Juice Beauty products in our Birchbox before and the brand didn't really leave a lasting impression on us, so we'll be anxious to see what we think about this moisturizer.

~ The first product in this box that we were able to use was the Pur Minerals Tinted Moisturizer. It claims to be a hydrator, primer, foundation and sun protection all in one. If you have more dry skin, you'll probably need to still apply a moisturizer before using this product. We did.

~ The last item is the one that we're most excited about. It may seem odd...it's a MicrodermaMitt. It actually feels wonderful against your skin -- guess that's the all-natural silkiness coming out. Self-tanning season is upon us, so the timing of this item couldn't be more perfect!

Do you subscribe to Birchbox? If you do, please drop us a comment to let us know what you received and your thoughts on the products.

30 comments:

  1. I need to get one of those mitts! Facial scrubs make me break out, but a mitt might do the trick! I used to use Erno Laslo and I loved it! It makes your skin feel so great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not familiar with any of these brands and I can totally agree with you on this one. I would be most excited about that MicrodermaMitt as well, it looks simply amazing!

    http://glamourxkills.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm super jealous y'all got the Microderma Mitt! Maybe I'll get it next month. I finally got a good birchbox this month, my last few have been so-so.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to try that tinted moisturizer as wll :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your box is so much better than mine. I'm going to post about it tomorrow. One of my products was expired!!!

    I'm jealous of the mitt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. With boxes like this, you can get really amazing things or ... not so much. That's all part of the fun, I suppose! That MicrodermaMitt definitely seems like a great thing to have though!
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm interested in the mitt too! I feel like this is the first Birch Box that I didn't see a nail polish in. No? LOL :)

    xo,
    janmloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wouldn't have been too happy with this box :( I get Luxe Box in Canada and I haven't been too impressed with the recent boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That mitt looks fab! I wish I would have gotten that in my boxxx!
    xx
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  10. so I'm all about softness...and the microderma mitt sounds and looks absolutely delightful! great Birch Box this month!!!

    <3Amanda
    feast.fashion.faves

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you guys got a pretty good selection of products this month. The microderma mitt sounds like it would exfoliate much better than a loofah would :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would love to have gotten the pur 4 in 1

    ReplyDelete
  13. ooo, this particular one looks good. i'm really interested in these birchboxes.

    10% off discount code to Vantage Point Vintage

    :)
    Carrie
    http://readmylifeascarrie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness girls you got some really cool new stuff!!! Can't wait for reviews.


    <3 Marina
    Fashion.MakeUp.LifeStyle

    ReplyDelete
  15. i tried the birch box and its amazing =) thanks for sharing the post hun!


    love from the NANA girls xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. woaaah love what is inside the box! the juice beauty attracts me ;D nice one dear <3 xx



    http://mithakomala.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. That baby bar of soap is adorable! I would love to try the Microdermamitt, that would be awesome for all the shorts and pool days ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi ladies, the description of that scent sounded so promising. I bet that mitt feels fabulous, I'm thinking I need to get my hands on one.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can't WAIT for my first birch box to come! Where are you April?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  20. We must have gotten our birchbox on the same day! I really want that mitt! I got that juive moisturizer too, I think I love mine this month. I will post mine this week, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looks like a lovely box. :> I'm still waiting to get something like this to Finland, hehe.
    Oh that "towel" sound awesome ! I want one too.


    - Satu
    Indie by heart

    ReplyDelete
  22. My subscription expired this month so I just got my last box. I don't think I'm going to re-register :( I only did 3 months and one box was good and the others were eh...

    ReplyDelete
  23. None of the items sounded interesting at first, but I like the mitt after your description.

    Also, I watched your blogging tips video recently. You guys are just awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love these kind of boxes.=)

    http://kashaysblogg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. microdermamitt? oooooooo i want one!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I totally know what you mean by the Love/Hate relationship with the Birchbox! Exactly the same around here.

    Thanks for sharing :)

    ho! And i have a Makeup Giveaway going on, feel free to enter!

    http://cansouplover.blogspot.com

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  27. Looks like you girls got a fabulous box! Love the Microderm mitt!! Mine haven't been great this month or last and I think I may be cancelling here soon.

    ReplyDelete
  28. So different from mine, I did get the Juice moisturizer though! I really like their stuff. The green apple peel is amazing! I'm getting ready to post my April favorites with my Julep and Birchbox review right now!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...