Thursday, April 12, 2012

Meet Lovely Little Things

We'd like for you guys to meet...



We've been getting to know Jess through her blog for the past couple of months now and we absolutely think that she's great...and you guys know how we like to share GREAT things. This time instead of it being the latest thing in beauty or the "it" fashion trend of the moment, this "great" thing comes in a five foot package of a spunky and sweet college student from Tampa, Florida. To get you started on your quest to get to know all of the lovely little things about Jessica, we asked her to answer ten questions.  Hopefully this piques your interest and you'll go over and pay Jessica a visit at her blog...please show her some love from Her Late Night Cravings!

What made you want to start blogging?
I was Googling how to get volume at my roots (random, I know) and I stumbled on The Small Things Blog. That led me to her sister’s blog, From My Grey Desk, which I absolutely loved. I realized that every post she wrote I could relate to, and I wanted people to be inspired by me, how I was inspired by Lauren.

What do you enjoy the most about blogging?
Hands down the relationships that I’ve built! Coming into blogging, I never would have thought that I would meet people that I would consider friends. I definitely didn’t think I’d have a blog BFF either…love you Meg! ;) I also love the fact that blogging has busted me out of my comfort zone and helped me to grow as a person. I try new things, I’m not scared to talk to people I don’t know anymore…it’s great!

Have you ever met any other fellow bloggers?
Not YET. And I emphasize the yet! I'm planning on meeting up with Candice from Teatime Thoughts sometime in April...I couldn't be more excited :)

Name 5 lovely little things that you're currently loving.
 One. The fact that I am graduating from college in less than a month...AHHHH!
 Two. I love the Florida sunshine and that I can wear cute dresses every day now :) I'm so adding this one to my "To Buy" list:
Three. The Hunger Games...but who isn't loving that?
 Four. Essie's new Navigate Her collection...one of each please :)
Five. I'm definitely loving my new iPhone case!
Where there is Love there is Life iPhone Case

Describe your ideal way to spend a Saturday & tell us what you'd be wearing.
Let’s see. I’d sleep in until about 9. Then sit on my porch and drink my coffee (a must) while getting lost in a good book. I’d hit the gym (I love working out) and then meet my boyfriend for a picnic lunch. From there we’d go kayaking or mountain biking. Then I’d end it with a beach bonfire with mine & Adam’s (my boyfriend) whole group of friends. I probably wouldn’t look the cutest as far as an outfit goes until the bonfire – which I would probably wear this to:
simply everyday

If you moved from the Tampa area & could pick any other city in the US to put down roots, where would it be & why? 
I love, love, love Tampa but after reading so many blogs about San Diego (especially Tammy’s) I seriously want to live there! The scenery is gorgeous (beaches…yes, please!) and there just seems to be so much to do. Everyone that lives there is so passionate about it and they take a lot of pride in their city – I like that.

What is your favorite makeup brand?
To be honest, I’m not a huge make up wearer. I’m a mascara (Covergirl Professional Super Thick Lash) & lip balm (Maybelline Baby Lips) kinda girl. When I do go all out and do my make up, though, MAC is my go-to brand. Probably because that’s what my best friend uses and she’s the one who taught me how to do make up ;)

Where is your favorite place to shop?
If I’m on a budget Target or Forever 21. Otherwise, Loft. I absolutely adore the fact that they have petite clothes. I’m 5’ so I have the hardest time finding clothes that aren’t too long for me! I'm recently getting into Zara and J Crew, also...thank you fashion bloggers ;)

What is your favorite trend for this spring/summer?
MINT MINT MINT! And I’m all about the statement necklace thing, too!

If you could pick any actress to play you in a movie, who would you pick?
Oh this is a hard one! I’d have to say Rachel McAdams. She is classy & fabulous. Not to mention absolutely gorgeous. I wouldn’t mind if she was pretending to be me ;)

xo,
Jessica
Lovely Little Things

38 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I love "meeting" other bloggers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE her blog!! she is wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love the guest post! Jessica is such a sweetheart, and she's got the most wonderful blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved this post, and Jess, thank you for the sweet shoutout! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! She sounds so cute, I have to check her out :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing! Great to see bloggers supporting each other! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is too cute! Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jess is the best, and I LOOOVE her! Great feature!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing! Always love finding out about other bloggers. :)
    xo~Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  10. You guys are awesome :)
    Thank you os much!
    I'll be mentioning this feature in my post tomorrow so hopefully it'll send some new readers your way!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the story about how Jess started blogging! I love people with a desire to inspire. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE Jessica!! She is such a great gal!!
    Oh yeah- are so are you two!!
    Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am a huge fan of Jessica!

    She was the first blogger I reached
    out to when I started my blog. Such
    a doll!

    I explored your blog too & love it.
    You have a new follower!

    Happy Thursday :)
    Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  14. slightly obsessed with her. but really.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great interview! I recently came across her blog too and fell in love! She is just precious. It was fun getting to know her better!
    xo,
    Shanna

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the sundress and I agree that the relationships you make through your blog are so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It was so fun getting to know Jessica...lovely feature and great questions. I agree with what she enjoys most about blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh gosh, i am loving that white shorts-coral top ensemble!!! it's so pretty, simple but oh so stylish! :D

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/
    Poshlocket Giveaway: Win a Shelly Fabric Choker

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh these things are always so nice ! ^^ Nice interview, too.

    Satu
    Indie by Heart

    ReplyDelete
  20. You look adorable and I love your dress! Great post ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. your lovely things is really lovely <3

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love her lil interview. Definitely checking out her blog. Thanks for introducing her to us. Cute as a button :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Aww she is so cute! I stumbled across her a few months ago too. I am loving mint and that dress! I am 5'3, so I can relate to the issue of finding clothes to fit. I don't want to wear all the Juniors close, but they fit me the best! I just have to be super picky.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love when bloggers interview other bloggers! I'm so glad I got a chance to read about Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  25. hey dear, i am interest with your blog <3
    mind to follow each other? <3

    kiss,
    gitasyalala.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. loved learning about her and off to her blog NOW

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the interview! I will be checking out her blog :D

    P.S

    Jayme, how'd your haircut go?

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the interview! Especially love the Iphone case! The script is similar to lyrics from one of my favorite Mumford and Sons's songs!

    ReplyDelete
  29. She sounds great and with a very cool style. I'll definitely check her out.


    <3 Marina
    Fashion.MakeUp.LifeStyle

    ReplyDelete
  30. I'll have to check her out--I love her cute Saturday outfit, and I love a lot of the same stores she does. Great feature!

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a fun post! I love mint and adore Rachel!! Super fun series! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a great gal... my age too! I'll be sure to check out her blog!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love the outfit picks. I could definitely see that as a cute bonfire ensemble.

    http://www.menacherieblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  34. fun interview! loved reading it ; )

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...