Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Wear It Home: Color-blocking

It's no secret that color-blocking has been a major trend in fashion for quite awhile now.  We love to see home decor lines incorporate a little bit of runway inspiration into their design so that your home can be just as stylish as the celebs that we see walking the red carpets.  Take these fab ladies for example...

via
via
There are many ways to bring this trend into your own home and we thought we'd share some of our favorite finds from the web with you guys.  Now's a great time to give your house a little makeover.  Make it a part of your New Years resolutions.  All you need to find is one component, one statement piece, that represents the color-blocking trend (no matter how big or small), then design the rest of your room around that item.  Keep everything else simple.  It's easy!

Smoldering Hues Shower Curtain
Anthropologie = $118.00

Company Cotton Solid Duvet Cover & Sheets
The Company Store = prices vary

Madison Storage Baskets | World Market
Madison Storage Baskets
World Market = $9.99 each

Prism Pillow Cover
Prism Pillow Cover
West Elm = $14.99

Nesting Tables
MoMA Store = a splurge at $1,950.00 
(tip: This could be an easy DIY project)

Now's the time of year when we get that itch to want to change things up in our own homes.  As the rooms in our house begin to get a face lift, we plan to share pictures with you guys along the way.  We hope that it will be a new recurring feature on HLNC that you will all enjoy, but not to worry, our core focus will remain on all things beauty and fashion.  Every once in a while a girl craves some new throw pillows though!!  

Do you have any favorite fashion trends that could be reproduced into a home decor option?  Are of any of you guys planning to make changes to your home in the coming year??  Maybe you're moving or renovating and it's a great time to take your abode in a new direction.  Drop us a comment and let us know.  We'd love to hear from you!


22 comments:

  1. i love this trend ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i totally LOVE color blocking...I need to do it more with my wardrobe...as well as around my apt!! thanks for the inspo!

    <3Amanda
    feast.fashion.faves

    ReplyDelete
  3. its like mix and match and i really love colorful stuff at home.. xoxo, Haus of Gala

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed this trend too, though I didn't really try it. Bringing color blocking into the home is probably something I'd be better at doing! Thanks for the inspiration ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I miss West Elm in Richmond...don't know why they ever took it away!! :( LOVE the color-blocking trend...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Colorblocking is a great trend whether it's in fashion or home decor! Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the colour blocking trending =)

    Also, thank you so much for your lovely comment

    @MyLyfeMyStory

    My Lyfe ; My Story

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a beautiful trend. I love that shower curtain - that is too cute!
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous colors like these make everything better! :) Love those pillows!

    ReplyDelete
  10. great post! I love the colour blocking trend :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. yes life is colorful, I like it!!!

    http://aprettylife13.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this idea, bringing the colour block trend into the interior world would give it a fresh spin, the pink & orange bedroom set is pretty

    ReplyDelete
  13. can't get enough of this trend as well! it's amazing!



    http://intoxicatedchameleon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE your blog-so fabulous! Thanks for the sweet comments on mine. I am huge fan on the color block dress-I wear them all year round! I adore that shower curtain. I need to have a little girl so I can create a girly bathroom with that shower curtain.

    Following you back:)

    aspiretoinspire

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those baskets look so nicve & bright, would spice up any home! ^^ Shower curtain is pretty cute too, but for my bathroom maybe something turquoise and white.. Great post!

    Greetings from Finland,

    xx Satu
    Indie by Heart

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for visiting my blog! I like the background of your blog :D

    www.anetesdomas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love all these colorblocked looks, definitely something I'll be trying out!

    xo Gillie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...