Tuesday, April 5, 2011

To Splurge or Not to Splurge...

...That is the question.

Spring is here folks & with it comes the desire to give your skin a little dose of color, the safest way possible, which is with a self-tanner.  Speaking from experience, this fair-skinned girl has been around the block quite a few times with a number of different brands.  Every Spring I debate with myself, girlfriends or anyone who will listen, which brands they think are the best, that give the most natural results & have as little as possible of that stinky self-tanner smell...you know what I'm talking about.  So, I'm back at it again this year, wondering whether I should splurge on a brand that MUST be good if it costs $30+ a bottle, or go with a drugstore brand that will only set me back $10 or less.  Here's where I need your help...I want you to tell me what you'd do.

Would you break the bank (a little) & go with something along the lines of the St Tropez Gradual Tan Everyday Body??



www.sttropeztan.com = $30

Or would you pinch pennies & go with a drugstore brand such as Nivea Body Sun-Kissed Firming Moisturizer??
Nivea Body - Sun-Kissed Firming Moisturizer, Light to Medium Skin - 8.4 fl oz

www.drugstore.com = $7.49

In your experience with self-tanners, does it pay off in the long run to go with a more expensive brand, because you achieve such a more natural, long lasting tan??  Are there any other self-tanners out there that you are craving???  Please let me know!

Mendi

5 comments:

  1. I have those same thoughts every year....I have never SLURGED on the good stuff such as St. Tropez or Clarins but have to say I have had some luck with the more affordable brands such as Lavera (sold at Target). :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best self tanner I have tried to date is Clarins Self Tanning Instant Gel. It isn't cheap ($35-$40), but I think it is worth it not to be orange:) Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Erin! I have heard that Clarins is a good one. I'm glad it worked for you because I'd hate to have an orange friend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blog post :) I have been trying so many self tanners lately that I look different colour in each of my videos haha! I have found that mousse formulas work best for me. Don't really like creamy ones since they always go blotchy on me. I'm saving up so I can try the St Tropez but I have heard that St Moriz (badly named knock off) is better

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought the brand "Fake Bake" instant self tanning air brush spray. it's a spray and not an ounce of orange. It was $30. but DEFINATELY worth it. I've loved it. I just get in my shower and spray wherever I want/need :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...